Hey everyone; it's great to speak with you again. I know it's been a while since the last installment of Talkin' with Tony V; As we head towards summer we will be trying to make this feature a more regular part of the website and communication process.
Let's start out by going over a handful of events that we've had over the course of the past few weeks to sort of recap and then look ahead at other things on our horizon.
1) Want to make sure and mention what an outstanding start to April we had in the Bistro. Jeff and his staff really worked hard to present the April Fools Dinner and then our Taco Night. Both were big successes for us and a great way to start the new month. Appreciate everyone that came by and had breakfast (for dinner) and tacos. We'll be doing more of those type of events as summer wears on! Be on the lookout for our next ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT Pasta Night in the next couple weeks!!
2) Our first golf event of the season took place on Weds, April 9th with our inaugural Masters Par-3 Challenge. The response we saw was far better than expected, with a total of 72 golfers out on the back 9 for the competition. We were featured on 1370 WGCL by Joe Smith and had some really great promotion both with traditional media (Herald Times and B97) and social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram) leading into the week. Congrats to our overall gross winner Ryan Utnage; our Ladies winner (low net) was Billie Moore and our Mens winner(low net) was Todd Hulse ... we also wanna shout out Glen Hendershot, who had an Ace on #17 during the competition and did the right thing by purchasing drinks for everyone in the bar!!
3) Last Sat we were thrilled to welcome back The Blue Blazer golf scramble to Eagle Pointe. Bob Schippnick's son, David, is one of the founders of The Blazer and it was great to have those guys back with us this year. A total of 47 golfers were out throughout the day in that event and our winners were a couple of Eagle Pointe regulars, Steven Hinds, Jr. and Andy Stout - the duo shot a whopping 10 under par to walk away with the Blue Blazer jackets.
4) The 2019 Lake Life Concert Series video dropped last Friday afternoon - and the response has been pretty remarkable as we've had over 8k impressions and views thus far. Matt really did an outstanding job with the drone footage of both Eagle Pointe and then the bands that we'll be welcoming in this summer. Incidentally the video is on our homepage if you haven't seen it already. We'll kick things off on Memorial Day Weekend with Indy's Bottom's Up Band and then Jake Dodds will return to our Terrace for the first time in 2 years. Table Reservations for the Jake Dodds show begin on Monday and will be $50. The reservations will be first come first serve. The Bottoms Up show on Friday will be FREE, while the Jake Dodds show will have $5 tickets available here at The Golf Club and arrive late next week. For a full rundown of the bands appearing this summer, visit our Calendar section.
4) Our bunker projects are about 95% complete and should be wrapped up by the end of April. Additionally, fertilization and weed control is underway out on the course; you may have noticed the trucks out there over the course of the last week to 10 days ... we're really happy with where the course is at right now. It's probably a little ahead of where we thought it would be and hopefully we'll really see the fruits of our labor as the summer moves along.
Lastly - a very Happy Easter holiday to you and yours! We'll be open on Sunday beginning at 11am - running from our normal menu. We had a number of staff who requested the day off to spend with family and friends and we wanted to make sure they had that opportunity. Thanks as always for your continued support..